PPL Affordable Housing Rental Criteria
What is PPL Rental Housing?
PPL owns or manages over 1,000 units of affordable rental housing with optional support services with a variety of:
- Locations – Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Louis Park, New Hope
- Sizes – Studio, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 bedrooms
- Rents – Monthly rent ranges from $499 – $1,495
- Styles – Duplexes, townhomes, and apartments
Can I Live There?
Vacancies are limited and subject to eligibility requirements. Read below to see if you are eligible to apply for our rental housing.
$40 Application Fee per adult is required to process your rental housing application.
Do I Qualify?
Below are PPL’s general rental criteria. Do you have:
TWO YEARS OF GOOD RENTAL HISTORY?
- No unlawful detainers (evictions) less than 2 years old, unless you have verifiable documentation of landlord irresponsibility.
- No history of any damage to the apartment.
- No outstanding balance due to a previous landlord.
- If you have no prior rental history then you must have a qualified cosigner. The cosigner must be a resident of Minnesota, have a good credit history, and be willing to sign the lease.
VERIFIABLE GROSS INCOME?
- Required minimum monthly income of twice the rent charged on the apartment (ex. $650 apartment requires $1,300 monthly income).
- Section 8 vouchers and certificates accepted. The resident must meet the same criteria as those seeking non-subsidized housing.
A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND?
GOOD CREDIT HISTORY?
- Must show that you have paid bills on time and does not have a history of debt write-offs or accounts that have gone into collection.
- Residency may be denied due to poor credit history.
I Qualify! What Do I Do Next?
If you meet PPL’s rental criteria, please call a property manager to ask about current availability in your area of choice and to schedule a showing. Vacancies are limited.
- Near North: 612.381.9399
- North: 612.521.9695
- South: 612.813.1175
- Southeast: 612.379.3461
- St. Paul
- Summit – University: 651.225.8084
- Highland Park: 651.493.3440
- New Hope: 763.531.1908
- St. Louis Park: 952.925.4402
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
PPL Housing Critieria also includes criminal backgroud disqualifications. CLICK HERE TO READ THEM.
Click here for a Printable Version of this information