- Poor rental history may be cause for denial.
- Unlawful Detainers within the last 24 months may be cause for denial.
- History of damage or monies owned to previous landlord(s) may be cause for denial.
PPL owns, manages, and services over 1,500 units of safe, quality, affordable housing throughout the Twin Cities.
Please contact individual properties offices with questions.
Do I Qualify?
- All PPL rental units have a maximum income limit, ranging from 30-60% of Area Median Income.
- Minimum monthly income of twice the rent charged on the apartment required (ex. $650 apartment requires $1,300 monthly income).
- Poor credit history is not a disqualifier.
- Outstanding balance due to past landlord(s) and/or utilities may disqualify an applicant.
Please note that these are the minimum and the maximum number of people who may occupy apartments with the number of bedrooms noted:
- Efficiency: 1-2 occupants
- 1 Bedroom: 1-2 occupants
- 2 Bedroom: 2-4 occupants
- 3 Bedroom: 3-6 occupants
- PPL will not deny an application based solely on arrests or dismissed charges. Eligibility for PPL Rental Housing is subject to a criminal background check. Residency may be denied due to criminal history.
- You may apply for a Waiver of Rental Criteria if you feel you don't meet the standard criteria.
I Qualify - What's Next?
Vacancies are limited and subject to eligibility requirements. If you meet PPL's rental criteria, please call a property office for current availability and to schedule a showing.
Learn about PPL housing opportunities with our automated Housing Line:
A $40 Application Fee per adult is required
to process all rental housing applications.