2 Years Good Rental History
- No Unlawful Detainers within the last 24 months
- No history of damage or money owed to previous landlord(s)
Verifiable Gross Income
- All PPL rental units have a maximum income limit, ranging from 30-60% of Area Median Income.
- Minimum monthly income of twice the rent charged on the apartment required (ex. $650 apartment requires $1,300 monthly income).
- Poor credit history is not a disqualifier.
- Outstanding balance due to past landlord(s) and/or utilities may disqualify an applicant.
Please note that these are the minimum and the maximum number of people who may occupy apartments with the number of bedrooms noted:
- Efficiency: 1-2 occupants
- 1 Bedroom: 1-2 occupants
- 2 Bedroom: 2-4 occupants
- 3 Bedroom: 3-6 occupants
PPL will not deny an application based solely on arrests or dismissed charges. Eligibility for PPL Rental Housing is subject to a criminal background check. Residency may be denied due to criminal history.
You may apply for a Waiver of Rental Criteria if you feel you don’t meet the standard criteria.