We're reducing poverty and inequity in the Twin Cities region by providing affordable apartments and career training. Will you join us?
Effective Date: July 30, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use or visit the Site. By using or visiting the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
Please contact us with any inquiry by email at email@example.com, attn: Webmaster, or by mail at:
Project for Pride in Living
1035 East Franklin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
- We, directly, and indirectly through third parties, collect information from and about you when you visit or use the Site.
The following are examples of ways in which you can visit or use the Site:
- To provide contact information (for example, full name, postal address, email address, and a telephone number), and information for transactions with us and/or a third party through the Site, including without limitation, information provided in connection with applying for employment or a volunteer position (for example, date of birth, race, ethnicity, and gender, and reference full name, email address, and telephone number) or registering for an event and donation payment information (for example, credit card information or financial account information); and
- Information when you contact or otherwise interact with us or a third party (for example, your search queries on the Site, reporting an issue with the Site, and participating in surveys).
- We can receive information from or about you through any other individuals or third parties, including third party service providers, which information can be used as described in this Policy.
- We can automatically collect other information about you, including:
- Operating system;
- Browser type;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your geographic location;
- The website you visited before browsing to the Site;
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits; and
- Aggregate data that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
- We can collect information about you from publicly accessible sources.
- We can combine any of the information we collect from or about you and use it in the manner described in this Policy.
How We Can Use Your Information
We can use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it (for example, engaging in a transaction with us or a third party);
- To provide or to facilitate providing you with services;
- To provide the Site to you, including any notifications or updates related to the Site;
- To respond to your inquiries and comments (for example, regarding support or other requests);
- To thank you for donations;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To notify you about changes to the Site, our policies, terms, or any services we offer or provide through it;
- To improve the Site or to develop new services;
- To identify you as a user of the Site;
- To allow you to participate in surveys;
- To contact you with information, including marketing information, that we believe will be of interest to you, either by us or a third party;
- To customize our marketing;
- For testing, research, analysis, and service development that we or a third party can perform regarding the Site (for example, user base and Site usage);
- To create anonymous data or de-identified data, which we or a third party can do and which we or a third party can use for any purpose;
- To aggregate data, which we or a third party can compile, and which we or a third party can do and can use for any purpose;
- To analyze how you use the Site and to analyze the Site, which we or a third party can do;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Site;
- To send you electronic communications (for example, emails);
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Site;
- In any other way we can describe when you provide the information; and
- As otherwise stated in this Policy.
How We Can Disclose Your Information
We can disclose information to third parties in accordance with this Policy. A user can choose not to share certain information. Please see Your Choices Regarding Your Information below.
- Third Parties and Service Providers. We can use third parties or service providers to perform functions in connection with the Site (for example, providing services, including without limitation, marketing [for example, MailChimp], fundraising solutions [for example, Blackbaud], volunteer management [for example, Better Impact], recruiting [for example, HiringThing], data analysis, payment processing [for example, Blackbaud], enhancing the information collected from or about you, etc.). We can use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy. We can share information about you that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them.
- Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, conversion, or other transaction, or if that ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we can share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it can be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
- Investigations and Law. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we can disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply our agreements;
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any law or legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or in an emergency, or that of our users or others;
- To resolve disputes;
- Protect against legal liability;
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; or
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of our policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
- Site Analysis. We or a third party can analyze how you use the Site and can analyze the Site.
- Aggregate, Anonymous and De-Identified Data. We can share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified data related to visitors to and users of the Site with any third party for any purpose.
- At Your Request. We can share your information with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
- With Your Consent. We can share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing thereof.
- For Any Other Purpose Disclosed By Us. For any other purpose we describe to you.
- Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
Cookies And Other Technologies; Do Not Track
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor's or user's computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor's or user's online session and disappear from the visitor's or user's computer when they close the browser software.
You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer when you visit the Site, or open an email we send to you) can be used either by us or a third party.
- Third parties can collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site.
- Below are links to resources regarding online tracking:
For Google Analytics, please see: https://policies.google.com/privacy, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user's online activities over time and across third-party Internet services.
While we take administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Site, help protect the information you submit via the Site from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet or electronic communication transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Internet or electronic communications, including those sent through the Site, may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Site and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with.
Links To Other Websites
This Policy applies only to the Site. The Site may contain links to other websites to which this Policy does not apply. The links from the Site do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed these websites. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to these websites. We neither can control nor are responsible for the privacy practices or content of these websites. We suggest reviewing the privacy policies of these websites.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Site.
- Changing Your Information. You can make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information, or deleting your information by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Project for Pride in Living, Inc., Attn: Webmaster, 1035 East Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
- Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
- Retention. We will retain your information for as long as you use the Site and in accordance with the terms of this Policy and in accordance with our other policies.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access, use, or submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Webmaster.
Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and from time to time. Please review this Policy periodically, and especially before you provide any information. This Policy was made effective on the date indicated above.