What jobs will I be prepared for?
Program participants will be prepared for a variety of roles such as Human Services Representative, Financial Work 1, and Program Associate Senior among Ramsey, Hennepin, and Dakota County. These roles often provide high levels of customer services to support individuals in the community as they navigate eligibility for county assistance and resources.
What skills and certifications will I obtain?
During the training program participants will be supported by Normandale Community College in navigating topics such as Current Issues in Health and Human Services, Legal and Ethical Responsibilities, and Multicultural Aspects of Health and Human Services to provide foundational knowledge as they enter a new field of work. Participants will also further their skills in Microsoft Office and gain the National Retail Federation Customer Service certification.
What other opportunities are included?
The program includes shadowing experience with each of the three counties to provide opportunity to better understand the roles, network with individuals currently working in the field, and learn about opportunities within the counties.
Qualifications for Participation
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Legal to work in the U.S.
- Meet income based requirements
- 12 months customer service experience
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and Typing
- Proficient math and reading skills
- Willingness to abide by COVID vaccination policies of either Dakota, Hennepin or Ramsey County.