We're reducing poverty and inequity in the Twin Cities region by providing affordable apartments and career training. Will you join us?
Buying a home is a big financial decision - one you don't have to make alone.
Get prepared with PPL's Home Ready Financial Coaching, a free program that will give you the tools and advice needed to make wise home buying choices.
What to Expect
You'll work one-on-one with a financial coach to get fully prepared for home ownership through this free program.
What You'll Learn
- How to fix and build your credit to be ready for a mortgage
- How to budget for a 30-year mortgage
- What to look for in a lender and realtor
- How to access first-time home buyer and down payment programs to save you money
Put down roots in a newly-renovated home on the Northside.
We've hand-picked single family homes throughout north Minneapolis and completed high-quality renovations inside and out; now they're available for purchase so families like yours can thrive.
What to Expect
You can count on our attention to detail; Northside Home is a joint-venture of PPL and Urban Homeworks, two highly-respected local nonprofits with decades of experience creating quality affordable housing.
Contact Northside Home's financial coach to start your home ownership journey today, 612-968-6580.
As a first time homebuyer, be prepared to make an educated, confident financial choice.
PPL workshops are certified through the Home Stretch program of the Minnesota Home Ownership Center.
What You'll Learn:
- The home buying process
- Identify and overcome common barriers to homeownership
- How to find financing
- Shop for a home that is right for your family and appropriate to your income
- How to close on your purchase
Upon completion, you'll receive a first-time homebuyer certification to qualify you for downpayment assistance.
The workshop fee is $40.
Home Buying Forms