- 15:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Receive a Minneapolis Public Schools diploma.
- Exposure to employment and educational opportunities beyond high school.
- Opportunity for college courses through Minneapolis College's D3 Program.
- Community building activities and field trips.
- Work-based learning opportunities.
- Electives include cooking, Jobs for America's Graduates, Thai boxing, life skills, and art.
- Therapists on-site Monday - Friday.
- Case management and support for students through Hennepin County's Plus Program.
To receive updates by phone: call 612-668-0221
To receive updates by email: send an email to SISupdate@mpls.k12.mn.us
Loring Nicollet Alternative High School (LNAS) is based on respect for all individuals, regardless of race, sex, class, sexual orientation, ethnic background, religious, or political beliefs, age, ability, or looks. LNAS aims to be a safe place for all students, with student and staff cooperation.
Students 10th - 12th grade are eligible to enroll at LNAS. (LNAS student body is generally 17 - 21 years old.) Shadowing days are scheduled for interested students.
Please note that the school often has a waitlist.
- If your child is coming from Minneapolis Public Schools, please contact us.
- If your child is coming from outside MPS and/or have an IEP or services for ELL, please contact the Minneapolis Placement Center.
TO RECEIVE AN MPS CHROMEBOOK FOR DISTANCE LEARNING:
Follow this technology survey link. Be sure that MPS has your correct phone number and email address on file for accurate and timely delivery. If you missed the original delivery window, contact the District Communications
LNAS is utilizing YouTube to communicate important updates and information! Please check out our YouTube Channel to stay up-to-date with all things LNAS.
Please connect with LNAS Staff for any information and updates you need!
Casey Wahl – Casey.Wahl@ppl-inc.org