PPL Employment Skills Classroom Training
PPL offers job and skills training programs designed to help you improve your employment opportunities. Classes may provide a monetary stipend to program graduates. You’ll begin your job search in the classroom, with insights on what employers are looking for, and tips on how to write a resume, interview, and meet workplace expectations.
Attend our Learning Center Information Sessions, held at 9 a.m. every Monday at the PPL Learning Center (1925 Chicago Avenue in Minneapolis), to get started.
Train to Work Programs include:
- Banking This 3-week course focuses on customer service that prepares you for banking positions such as teller or personal banker. In-class opportunities to learn banking terminology and to interact with managers and recruiters from various local banks; possible opportunity for first interview with local bank upon successful completion.
- Healthcare Clerical In this 6-week class, you will learn employment and customer service skills, medical terminology/electronic health records, computer/office training, etc. A few examples of jobs accepted by past graduates include: hospital call center operator, patient registrar, and customer service representative. Two-week internship provided.
- Office Specialist This 6-week training focuses on further developing your administrative skills and attributes to help you land a position as a Hennepin County Office Specialist. Includes 2 weeks of job shadowing at Hennepin County, providing you with hands-on experience in the Office Specialist role.
- Public Sector Admin Plus This 6-week training focuses on further developing your administrative skills and attributes to help you land a position in an administrative/clerical role at organizations such as State of MN, University of MN, City of St. Paul or City of Minneapolis. Includes 2 weeks of job shadowing, providing you with hands-on experience in the administrative/clerical role.
Career Pathways Programs include:
- Building Operations Technician Hands-on training for the repair and upkeep of heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems in local office buildings and facilities.
- Healthcare Plus Build computer and professional development skills to prepare for positions like Patient Assistant Coordinator. Get hands-on learning experience at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, organizing and managing the details to support nurses providing patient care, plus you’ll get a first interview upon graduation!
- Human Services Program offers computer and professional skills for a career helping others as a human services representative.
Tell me more about PPL Classroom Training